BevSpot is a responsive web app that tracks inventory and sales to provide the “big picture” for bar & restaurant operations.
Come help us improve the jobs of your neighborhood bartender or your favorite restaurant’s chef. You’ll be working closely alongside them to ensure that we’re helping them uncover insights about their businesses, and making their day-to-day jobs better.
Our app needs the touch of someone who has empathy for the user experience and passion for the joy of design, especially in data-heavy and complex applications.
We are looking for a Senior-level Designer to work with Product and Engineering to create easy-to-use solutions for the service industry. Each member of our design team regularly engages in discussions and critiques on everything from product UI, to brand guidelines, to the optimal user experience, to the latest marketing materials.
- Help define the product vision with the Design Director and the Product team for new and existing features.
- Design for the whole lifecycle of a feature: from user flows, wireframes, prototypes, responsive UI, and engineer hand-off.
- Test/interview/observe customers to make sure what we’re designing actually works for them (this means spending time in some bars and restaurants—yes, it’s a hard life).
- Enhancing the performance and skill level of the entire design team, and be a sounding board for junior designers with structured feedback and critique.
You may be a fit for this role if you…
- Have a proven history of designing and shipping user experiences for web platforms. Considering viewport size, accessibility, common and recommended UX patterns, download speeds, and progressive enhancement.
- Have excellent communication and storytelling skills. Confident in discussing design, solutions, and your process.
- A strong foundation in typography, composition, visual systems, interaction design, visual design, and a design process.
- Are concerned with the end-user’s entire experience, from initial brand awareness to conversion or after disengagement.
- Are able to demonstrate high-level product thinking and understand that a product is more than a collection of features.
Have questions or want to apply? Email email@example.com
Only applications with portfolios will be considered.