This position is located in Boston, MA
About the product:
The BevSpot software uses data from sales and inventories to inform business choices. Our products solve real problems for an incredibly diverse set of users in the food and beverage industry—come help us improve the jobs for folks like small business owners, your neighborhood bartender, or your favorite restaurant’s chef. You’ll work closely alongside them to ensure that we’re bringing products and experiences to the market that truly help them uncover insights about their businesses, and make their day-to-day jobs better.
About the role:
From the outset, BevSpot has viewed excellent design as a core competency and differentiator. Design drives discussions from the start and touches every facet of the business. Our central design team works collaboratively with product and marketing—ensuring that the whole business grows with one cohesive visual language.
We are looking for a Designer Levels III–IV to work with the Product and Engineering teams to create easy-to-use solutions in the service industry. Each member of our design team regularly engages in discussions and critiques on everything from product UI, to brand guidelines, to the optimal user experience, to the latest marketing materials.
- UI design for every part of our product across desktop and mobile
- Lead product designs through the whole lifecycle: from initial concepting, through UX/UI stages, to engineering handoff.
- Test/interview/observe customers to make sure what we’re designing actually works for them (this means spending time in some bars and restaurants—yes, it’s a hard life).
- Be a key participant in, and/or facilitator for design sprints with folks from every department at BevSpot.
- Be a sounding board for junior designers with structured feedback and critique.
The ideal candidate:
- Is motivated to solve users’ interaction and experience problems—you don’t make beautiful UI for aesthetics sake alone.
- Proficiency in graphic design, typography, grid-based layout, data visualization.
- Has a strong visual portfolio exhibiting extensive UI designs and data visualizations for shipped products—not just static websites.
- Strong understanding of modern web design principles and what can realistically be built given data and timeline constraints.
- Ego-free: you’ll contribute to team crits with positivity, and be willing to take critique of your work from everyone else on the team.
- Some experience managing UI/UX projects to a timeline.
- 3–5 years professional experience shipping UI designs. (Prove us wrong if you have different experience and the right portfolio.)
Bonus points for:
- HTML/CSS/JS skills
- Experience in the food and beverage industry
You must include a link to your portfolio for consideration.
BevSpot’s mission is to empower the global food and beverage industry with technology. Through our food and beverage management software, customers can take control of their entire operation—from the bar to kitchen—on any device, all saved to the cloud.
In 2014, we started going door-to-door to local Boston bars and restaurants to figure out how we could help them manage their beverage programs online. Today, BevSpot’s easy-to-use cloud software helps thousands of users worldwide manage their inventory, place orders, and access sales performance insights.
At BevSpot, we’re all about brainstorming, working hard, and giving high-fives. We are a group of entrepreneurial, fast-moving, and passionate individuals redefining how technology is used in the food and beverage industry. If you like a challenge, you’ll love it here. We’re solving new problems everyday—like building our software to work everywhere, even inside a walk-in refrigerator. We also offer traditional and fun benefits that meet you at every stage in life.
- Fast-paced startup environment that encourages ownership, accountability, and impact
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- “Two to Infinity” Unlimited Vacation Policy (Yes, you’re REQUIRED to take off at least two weeks per year)
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 10 weeks paid parental leave
- Catered Friday lunches
- Bi-Weekly after work gatherings (game nights, wine and cheese tastings, cocktail lessons…)
- Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, coffee, cold brew, beverages, and plenty of snacks
- In-office bar stocked with rotating taps and all the fixin’s for your favorite cocktails (so we can test our own software, of course)
- Company-sponsored volunteer days
No phone calls, please.