BevSpot is a responsive web app that tracks inventory and sales to provide the “big picture” for bar & restaurant operations.
Come help us improve the jobs of your neighborhood bartender or your favorite restaurant’s chef. You’ll be working closely alongside them to ensure that we’re helping them uncover insights about their businesses, and making their day-to-day jobs better.
Our app needs the touch of someone who has empathy for the user and is excited about solving problems for a complex, data-heavy application.
What your job would be like:
Lead design features for the BevSpot app:
• Concept workshop with the design team to agree on feature fit within the overall experience.
• Create hypotheses to be used in usability testing to validate our assumptions.
• Create necessary components for implementation, such as flow charts, wireframes, and final components UI in Sketch.
• Deliver to engineering all UI with specifications including responsive break points, responsive imagery, accessibility considerations, error states, and empty states.
Help the team develop a comprehensive style library
• Understand best practices for using Sketch libraries within the Sketch Cloud
• Sync components with styles used within the app to reduce custom CSS with each new feature
• Be flexible about updating styles with UX improvements
Help push our application to better serve our wide customer base
• Begin by interviewing 10+ customers and non-customers in our expanding industries of hospitality management.
• Create new on-boarding procedures tailored to the needs of our widely varying customer demographics: chefs, bartenders, small business owners, multi-location managers, food operations for hotels and golf clubs.
• Research effective practices for enterprise applications, considering the future growth of the BevSpot app.
😍 Bonus work:
This year we're changing it all! We've gone from a purely B:B company to include B:C, and we want our brand to reflect that. This means more engaging interfaces, a fresh face for our website, and tons of potential for creative marketing. We'd love to add your creative thinking to this adventure!
Illustration, Animation, Video Production:
We're done with the stock photography. Getting to do our own custom illustrations allows us to stretch our artistic muscles... and animating them is even better! Have video skills under your belt? We have a lot of need for that in our marketing and education.
Benefits of working at BevSpot:
We're located in the Fort Point area of Boston, convenient from all subway lines by way of South Station. Perks of the location include:
• Free shuttle from South Station to the office that runs every 15 minutes
• Nearby tons of great restaurants
• Free gym inside the building
We offer a fantastic benefits package:
• Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and life insurance (BevSpot contributes up to 83% of your healthcare premium)
• 401(K) plan
• “Two to Infinity” Unlimited Vacation Policy (Yes, you’re REQUIRED to take off at least two weeks per year)
• 10 weeks paid parental leave
• Free catered Friday lunches
• Bi-weekly drinks and pizza after work
• Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, coffee, cold brew, beverages, and plenty of snacks
• In-office bar stocked with rotating taps and all the fixin’s for your favorite cocktails (so we can test our own software, of course)
• Company-sponsored volunteer days
• Yearly conference/education budget
Have questions or want to apply? Submit an application here or email email@example.com
Stronger consideration will be given to applications with portfolios and/or cover letters.