This position is located in Boston, MA
BevSpot’s mission is to empower the global food and beverage industry with technology. Through our food and beverage management software, customers can take control of their entire operation—from the bar to kitchen—on any device, all saved to the cloud.
In 2014, we started going door-to-door to local Boston bars and restaurants to figure out how we could help them manage their beverage programs online. Today, BevSpot’s easy-to-use cloud software helps thousands of users worldwide manage their inventory, place and track orders, and access sales performance insights.
At BevSpot, we’re all about brainstorming, working hard, and giving high-fives. We are a group of entrepreneurial, fast-moving, and passionate individuals redefining how technology is used in one of the largest industries in the world — the $5.5 trillion food & beverage industry. If you like a challenge, you’ll love it here. We’re solving new problems everyday—like building our software to work everywhere, even inside a walk-in refrigerator, and figuring out how to effectively find and message to potential customers that are still struggling to manage their businesses with clipboards today. We also offer traditional and fun benefits that meet you at every stage in life.
We’re looking for a strong front-end developer to join our high velocity engineering team. You’ll help us build next-generation web apps with a focus on the client side, working between the design and back-end teams to envision and implement new UI’s. Working on the front-end, you’re committed to quality—ensuring that designs work flawlessly on screens of all sizes. You’ll challenge both your design and back-end team members to build intuitive UI’s that are fast and scalable.
Technologies and Tools We Use
- React + Redux, TypeScript, SCSS, Karma/Mocha testing framework
- Yarn, NPM, Webpack, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Jira
- Java 10, JUnit, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Python, Thrift, Elasticsearch
- AWS, CloudFormation, RDS, Troposphere
What you will do
- Implement features (for your favorite bar or restaurant) from a mockup to a polished, shipped product with responsive elements that work seamlessly across mobile and desktop
- Actively contribute to product design and feature selection by working closely with product and design teams
- Leading projects by collaborating with other teams, estimating effort, managing timelines, and QAing
What an A+ candidate looks like
- Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Has helped develop and scale web applications, SaaS experience helpful
- Experience interfacing with servers and APIs
- Experience coding “responsive” and/or mobile-specific websites
- Passionate about user experience and design
- Dynamic startup environment that encourages ownership, accountability, and impact
- Competitive Salaries & Equity
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- “Two to Infinity” Unlimited Vacation Policy (Yes, you’re REQUIRED to take off at least two weeks per year)
- 10 weeks paid parental leave
- Catered Friday lunches, free snacks/beverages & cold brew keg
- In-office bar stocked with rotating taps and all the fixin’s for your favorite cocktails (so we can test our software, of course)
- Company-sponsored volunteer days